[project1dev] Re: map editor details

  • From: Chris Riccobono <crysalim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 03:17:45 -0700

I'm really astounded at the model scaling feature Alan.  This is going
to help making levels big time, since we can make small objects and
arrange them in the world (like the rocks)

If you had 3 different models of a rock, and varied the scale of them,
and placed a ton of them around, it would make the world really
gorgeous and realistic looking.  I played with it a bit, and it'll
make designing walls a lot better too, because you can make them
different sizes to get rid of the feeling of repeat textures.

Something to achieve the snapping thing, maybe you could make a
console setting, so when you click the actual arrow, the model moves a
number of space on the plane it's on.

Also, I threw your tutorial on the wiki.  This level editor rocks ass!