[project1dev] list of tasks for this week

  • From: Chris Riccobono <crysalim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 04:54:33 -0800

This list is only for the purpose of keeping track of what is going on
and what people are doing, and will be checked on weekly.  You guys
can give me estimates of how long you think you'll work on a task and
I'll keep track, but it's not necessary - we're all pushing stuff
forward no matter what happens :)

1) The hacking puzzle: Kent is taking care of the script for this, and
Wurmz is doing the art.
2) Biobeast: Katie is working on this and has been showing her progress.

Those 2 tasks are pretty much the main focus at the moment and are
priority 1 (read the bottom for a reminder).  They will probably take
up the most focus in the coming days, but there's other things that we
want to get started on/keep working on too.

3) Entrance room of the temple: The next major art task - drawings
have been done for this by Eric and Katie.
4) Graphics coding: convert shaders to the effects framework, put in
shadow maps, add specular lighting, and fix dynamic lighting - you
know what to do here Alan, just keep giving updates like usual.
5) Specific art tasks:  this is for you Eric, I want you to tell me in
particular what you want done art wise, so those tasks can be picked
up and worked on concurrently.

3-5 are priority 2.

6) Multiplayer support: David, can you give me word on this?  We
haven't checked up on this at all, so if you do want to start on it,
you can work on sub tasks with Alan's input.  Just let me know if you
are down :)
7) Sound: Steve was slated for this but can't access the list anymore
- if you are still up to this, send me a personal email, or we can
just let Alan work on it.
8) Chris Sherman: yeah, I made your name into a task!  I don't have
anything in particular to assign you, but I want to see you do
something again :)

6-8 are priority 3.

One more thing, please let me know if any of you are interested in a
task that may have been mentioned sometime, but is not on this list.
As we get more organization going it will be a lot easier to get more
people working on things at once.

So that's it for now - this list will change and get added to of
course, but that is a rough idea of what is going on atm.  A quick
note on the priorities (only used 0-3 this time):

0 - this is for game breaking stuff that needs to be fixed asap like
crash bugs or major graphical errors.  We hope not to have any of
these!
1 - these are the tasks on the main plate at any given time, and if
any code/art/script needs to be done in order to get these going, it
will be.
2 - this is stuff that can be worked on anytime, but doesn't have the main focus
3 - these are things that we want to keep in mind and hopefully move
up to the other numbers