[project1dev] Re: left for dead 2

  • From: CiD <screamingdazeez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 08:23:31 -0800 (PST)

I tried both.  Single player was very linear.  I did not feel like my
participation mattered.  It was like it was on rails.  I did not make it past
the controversial level where all the terrorists are randomly shooting
civilians at the airport.  I was not disgusted or offended, but rather
disappointed with the story line.  Up to this point the Army was trying to
capture/kill the main enemy and here you are side by side with the most
heinously evil man on the planet and what happens when you point a gun at him?
Nothing!!!  It will not fire.  And if you spray fire and accidentally hit him
the entire terrorist force turns their guns on you and you cannot do a thing
about it.

Who writes that kind of shit?!  It's like 2 different guys in 2 different rooms
could not decide how to mash together their stories.

The multiplayer was atrocious!  Maps were too big.  Every player with 2 brain
cells could cheat and did by getting a camping kill streak of 3 they could
trigger an auto kill sequence like helicopter or missile attack which triggered
another auto kill sequence up to around 25 kills.  There was no defense against
those attacks!  I don't find spawning, insta-death, waiting 5-10 seconds to
re-spawn only to have that repeat fun.

/end rant