[project1dev] Re: in game voice

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:07:21 -0700

Well i'm not sure how general this is going to be.

For instance, are we going to have a lot of randomly generated people that
can change how they feel about you and there are a lot of diff types of
moods (ie friendly, unfriendly, scared, ammused, etc)?  If so that would be
more general and would need more voices.

If it's less generalized where maybe there is aspecific person who dislikes
you and then later like you then we would only need a friendly and
unfriendly set of voices for that one person.

If most people in the world like you (ie villagers, shop keepers etc) we
could just have something like 4 short responses for each voice for friendly
characters we could add some unfriendly responses just for those specific
voices etc.

And for the voices themselves i guess we'd have to figure out if we care
that we only have a "young woman voice" and an "old woman voice" and all
women sound like one of the 2 (we could add more but ya know what i mean?
how many do we need?)

What would be neat (and i dont know if this is possible) is being able to
slightly modify sound effects with fmod to change pitch slightly and speed
of playback or do other tweaks that might make a voice more unique.  If so
we could have a few base voices and tweak them on the fly to make them more
unique.