[project1dev] Re: how else can I help

  • From: eric drewes <figarus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 09:33:56 -0400

character art...

after doing concept sketches for the art style we are going to go for...i
keep coming back to a certain style because of the things it will allow us
to do in game.  However, this style will influence everything else so I
wanted to get your opinions before plunging in... :) want to make sure it's
conducive with what we want.

basically, theres certain limitations we have and certain things we want our
characters to do...  i think the ability to show emotion, to customize
different characters so we can have a ton of unique NPC's/PC's, as well as
the ability to display what armor, etc the character is wearing on the
model is important - those things are paramount in my mind.

basically what i am thinking of is like chrono trigger style pixel art come
to life in a 3d world, something simple and clean but with a ton of
customization - maybe something like the xbox360 avatars or wii mii's but w/
more detail and obviously with weapons/armor... we could do facial
expressions pretty easily that way and also let users customize a ton on
their appearance (as well as us building NPC's and monsters) - items would
be designed to work with most models (although thered be female only stuff,
etc. )