[project1dev] Re: hardware question

  • From: Nick Klotz <roracsenshi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 16:27:32 -0400

A HDD doesn't die just because you fill it up.  My 40gb has been 70 - 98%
full for years, and have even had to turn of ShadowVolCopy and Virtual
Memory because it was crashing it.  Faulty hardware is the general cause,
and through no fault of your own, unless you regularly beat on your
computer, or have dropped/poorly handled the HDD at some point.