[project1dev] hardware question

  • From: Chris Riccobono <crysalim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 11:36:15 -0700

I know we have a lot of tech people here so maybe you guys can help...

My hard drive has been giving me boot errors the past couple days.
Three boots ago, I had to restart twice because the drive was giving
an error on loading the operating system, and then it gave the generic
boot device not found error.

Two boots ago it did it again, and this time the error came up 4 or 5
times before I could get into windows.

This morning it did it yet again (I know, I probably should have tried
to back up my hard drive after the 2nd time right?), only it wouldn't
fix itself after a few restarts.  It happened at least 15-20 times in
a row, which really started to scare me.  I took my comp outside and
fully dusted it and unplugged/replugged the drive, but it still gave
me the error.

For some reason it felt like the drive would work right after 'warming
up' so I left the computer on in an error state for about 20 mins.
Then it actually booted... I am using it right now while backing up
stuff.

does anyone know why this happened?  Is the drive going bad even tho
it gives me no errors at all once the computer is fully booted?  I
hope Josh knows something :P