[project1dev] Re: hardcore characters and Node information

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 11:30:51 -0700

ok cool

if we do things like hardcore players get to skip certain things by going
into the room in one door and leaving another, that takes a hardcore and not
hardcore test.

if we do things like give hardcore players items which can change things
significantly (like either a non-combat item or something that changes
combat significantly like being able to mind control an enemy but non hard
core players dont get it) then testing that stuff wil take a hardocre and
not hardcore test.

and of course, the more stuff we do like that, the closer we are going to
get to just havign to do full game tests both hardcore and not hardcore.

so if we are going to keep it like you are saying thats really good, and you
are right it wont take double testing.  We'll just have to be careful it
stays well contained :P