[project1dev] Re: game narrative structure

  • From: Kent Petersen <kentkmp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 12:54:34 -0700

Ah, I think I get what you mean. So these smaller self contained stories
will be like the split story in FF3 or like the acts in Diablo 2. Where it
would be a "full game" with a beginning middle and end with its own
characters and everything. Upon completing one, you will be able to return
to it and replay it. Upon completing the entire game you will unlock a new
mode that takes place 15 years later but the entire world is accessible from
the start, more like Zelda where you can wander around anywhere. Am I right?

When you return to an already beaten world will you be able to use any
characters? Could I use characters I didn't get from that world? If you
return to a world does the story start over or do you return after it
happened more Fallout 2 after you beat the game

Do all the worlds have to be played in order like Diablo 2 or will you get
to choose like in FF3?