[project1dev] Re: enemies in the cave

  • From: Kent Petersen <kentkmp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 11:25:42 -0700

I was just about to ask you the same thing.

Since, it's for the first milestone and we don't have a ton of direction I
say we should stick with something simple. I was thinking we could have 2
different types of enemies. Type 1 will stand there. The player will simply
need to not step on them to avoid fighting. Type 2 could be one that paces
back and forth. This would give the player the ability to kill the enemies
if he likes or to use a little skill and dodge them. We could always make
more complex scripts if the cave is boring.

Are we going to have the cave in to introduce you to the boss fight? If so I
would think the boss should cause it and while the cave in is taking place
the boss will rush in and engage the character causing the battle to take
place. If we are currently not including the cave in a simple boss blocking
the way out of the large room will do.

I think the set and setting that leads up to the cave should determine what
is living in it. In the meantime, I'm cool with the enemies being simple
miners.

What do you guys think?