[project1dev] Re: editor enhancement request: undo

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 12:34:05 -0700

Right now there's no way to know if the map you are going to is the same as
the map you came from cause for instance you edit cavemap_geometry.lua, but
load cavemap.lua to play it.

We could do file name comparisons but then we get into the problem of having
files where for instance we have a castle you visit twice, once in ancient
time, once in modern time.  They both use different .lua file names for the
scripts since they are different time periods, but use the same geometry
file for both.

Ya know what i mean?

Well, i'll make it preserve the camera when entering or exiting editor mode
then, but i believe it will be a problem at some point like someone is
trying to edit a level and getting totally crazy results and they have no
clue why.

we can deal with it then though (: