[project1dev] Re: duke nukem forever

  • From: Matthew Morgan <MMorgan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 13:54:06 -0700

Worst FF ever=-(

From: project1dev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:project1dev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of eric drewes
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 1:20 PM
To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [project1dev] Re: duke nukem forever

square died for me w/ the release of ff8
On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Chris Riccobono
<crysalim@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:crysalim@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
I would totally hope for their work to get released officially by
Square (like Team Fortress 2 was with Valve) but they should have just
given the guys job offers instead of "omg fine 150k"

But even that release on the ds was so basic without any additions, it
probably didn't make a lot of money.  They should have just released
Radical Dreamers here instead... I don't understand them :/

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 1:00 PM, Nick Klotz
<roracsenshi@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:roracsenshi@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
> they probably had an insider go OMG THIS IS AWESOME. Stole the work and is
> gonna give it to square enix... who wants to bet they'll come out with a
> chronotrigger game in the next 2 years?
>

> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Chris Sherman
> <cshermandesign@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:cshermandesign@xxxxxxxxx>>
> wrote:
>>
>> Yeah we will say that now, once we have our 18 cars and 40+ mansions we
>> might change ;p lol nah but seriously its retarded. How much money do you
>> think chrono trigger is making Square Enix now a days? 15 dollars a year
>> would be my guess.
>>
>> Sent from my BlackBerry
>>
>> ________________________________
>> From: eric drewes
>> Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 15:56:13 -0400
>> To: <project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
>> Subject: [project1dev] Re: duke nukem forever
>> i dont get it, when we're a big name gaming company, we should totally
>> support and encourage fan stuff :)
>>
>> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 3:44 PM, Chris Riccobono
>> <crysalim@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:crysalim@xxxxxxxxx>>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> That would almost be one of the best fan games ever Eric :P
>>>
>>> did you guys see about Square Enix sending a cease and desist letter
>>> to a rom hack team that was working on a Chrono Trigger fan game?
>>>
>>> http://www.chronocompendium.com
>>>
>>> This dude and his team spent 5 years on and off on it.. and right
>>> before release they got slammed with a legal threat :(

This e-mail is the property of Oakley Inc. It is intended only for the person
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. Distribution
or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein, to anyone other
than the intended recipient is prohibited.