[project1dev] Re: cavemap boss fight cave in

  • From: Chris Riccobono <crysalim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 14:17:36 -0700

1 and 2 both sound so good, it's hard to choose between them :)  Which
is why I suggest a combo of them that would be a 3:

3) You approach what seems like a good path, and the boss ambushes you
from one of the walls, which then triggers the fight.  In the fight
the boss will convey how much he wants to destroy you (a little
pre-fight pump up for the player), then you do the boss fight.  After
you win, you can see that where you were going is blocked off by the
cave in that he caused when he rushed through, and this will either
block where you were going or where you came from, or both (what you
guys think is best) - and you can proceed through where the boss came
from to finish the cave, while the timered shaking gets very intense.
A nice little hectic music track would play to convey the urgency, and
this is where we could play with the timer thing Kent was talking
about.

Also, what else I liked that you said was the "for now" part.  It
would be very neat to give the player a way to clear the rocks later
on in the story, to come back and find something cool (treasure,
skill, miniboss, etc).  It's especially good to include something like
this in the very first dungeon, so it sets a precedent with the player
telling them to explore, and play with things later.