[project1dev] cavemap boss fight cave in

  • From: Kent Petersen <kentkmp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 09:40:02 -0700

Alan and I have been discussing how the fight with the boss at the end of
the cave should take place. So far we have decided that there will be a cave
in that causes the player to exit through an alternate route. The question
is what causes this cave in.

1) The boss is sitting in the room. you approach the boss and defeat him.The
boss causes the cave in after you defeat him by running through a wall and
creating a new path somewhere that gets blocked in for now. Hinting at a
hidden path that is available to you in the future. The player then must
find an alternate route out and can not follow the boss.

2) You enter an empty the boss ambushes you through a wall. Game cuts to
battle where you see the cave in in the back the background. Defeating the
boss returns you to the game where the wall has already caved in blocking
the previous path and revealing the above

3) Anything else you can think of

We will also have the cave shake (camera rock around periodically as you
approach the boss) the closer you get to the boss the more intense the
camera shaking is. with the maximum amount of shaking occurring during the
cave in itself.

What do you guys think?