[project1dev] Re: animation questions

  • From: Kent Petersen <kentkmp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 16:04:47 -0700

I see what you mean. I was speficially thinking the spike trap which is
perfectly fine the way it is, the floor_trap trap door that Rorac and I have
been talking about, and the swinglog.

The floor_trap is supposed to be a double door trap door that swings open.
The way rotation works right now it would be tough to make to doors swing
open by script (things rotate around the center).

The swinging log is supposed to swing down toward the player once they cross
a line. The log is supposed to be avoidable by either side stepping or
jumping on top. At first I imagined it would start verticle and swing and
rotate to horizontal. I think thats too much work now. My new idea is to
leave the log laying horizontal and have it swing toward the player with no
rotation.