[project1dev] Re: addressing one more issue

  • From: katie cook <ktmcook@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 13:37:27 -0800 (PST)

When I posted below:

Is it going to generate its own power, Or are the exhause pipes for things that
would be assumed run on the interior? Just thinking they might not make
sense???...

You put:

a few exhaust pipes that could spit out smoke when you hacked the wagon/fortune
teller

I figured you'd help explain it a bit. I told you I wasn't really familiar with
the steam punk theme. I told you I didn't get why you would want exhause pipes
for things that ran on the interior. I wasn't doubting you. I just didn't
understand. I am a women and I only know what I have to when it comes to things
like that. Was the stuff on the interior going to run off of a combustable
engine with gas???. I am a literalist, so when you said exhause I literally
thought you meant gas exhause and I didn't get how that would make sense since
the wagon was not a vehicle, it was a cabin area or what have you.

I didn't know what kinds of things you were intending to put on the interior.
But I was hoping that you would enlighten me, so that I could build them to be
convincing, instead of the wagon just looking like its got some exhause pipes
haphazardly place on it.

That was my understanding of that situation. I didn't know that you thought I
was questioning your reasoning or anything. I just didn't get it is all.

From: eric drewes <figarus@xxxxxxxxx>

Subject: [project1dev] Re: KATIE FINALLY FINISHED THE WAGON!
To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, October 6, 2009, 5:44 AM

also, i was thinkign about your wagon and i think it'd be cool if it had a few
exhaust pipes that could spit out smoke when you hacked the wagon/fortune
teller, what do you think of that idea?

-------

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 2:45 PM, eric drewes <figarus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

in reference to this:

I think you and I have a different understanding of detail. You didn't post
ANYTHING ABOUT DETAIL. You gave me one picture to go from. NOTHING ELSE. I
wasn't just going to copy it. And I had to nag you to get it out of you. Which
is fine, but I started working on it, then you said after that you wanted it to
be Steampunk style, which was fine. I went with that even though I wasn't all
that familiar, which I pointed out. Then after it was done, or so I though you
emailed me privately and said how you'd wished it would have been different and
it wasn't exactly what you were hoping for, but..It would work you
guess....THEN, you asked me to add some pipes on there, but they already had
pipes. Either you didn't bother to look at it, or you did but didn't tell me
how you wanted them done differently

re: pipes, I said i wanted exhaust pipes.. you had two closed off criss-crossed
pipes.  i mentioned we could add exhaust pipes after wards because I thought it
would look cool, I guess your confusion here was my fault for assuming you knew
exhaust pipes were the pipes that let smoke come out.   also, if you can show
me evidence of this:

Then after it was done, or so I though you emailed me privately and said how
you'd wished it would have been different and it wasn't exactly what you were
hoping for, but..It would work you guess....

I will literally die of shock because it NEVER HAPPENED.  I never remotely said
anything like that.

anyways, here's the discussion before you started the wagon about making it
steam punk:

From: katie cook
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 14:12:46 -0700 (PDT)
To: <project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

movie was really cool...=)

From: Kent Petersen <kentkmp@xxxxxxxxx>

To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 10:59 AM

Did you ever see the movie Wild Wild West with Will Smith? That is steam punk.
I would also recommend typing steampunk into google and select images.