[project1dev] Weekly update 9

  • From: Chris Riccobono <crysalim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 23:12:27 -0800

Hey guys, this week's update comes on Tuesday, but with that comes
exceptional news:  We have two new 3d artists!

Larvanthos and Hanaan have been added to the team.  Welcome, you two,
and we hope to see some awesome stuff from you in the future.  :)

Each week there's an update on what is going on and what will happen
in the next week, and the team will come together and give a heads up
on what they've been doing.  This is your first week with us, so your
tasks are focused around getting integrated with the game and knowing
what is going on.  You can talk to Alan, Eric, or myself (Chris R) if
you have questions about anything.

Currently assigned tasks:

Alan: network code for pirate dice
Eric: convert entrance to temple models and add them, finish dialog
for the fortune teller and old man
Katie: biobeast texturing
Matt F: unassigned
Kent: pirate dice polish
Chris S: circus cage model
Elizabeth: a sketch for the biobeast chamber
Larvanthos: temple props
Hanaan: you will be assigned something this week

It's also about time to talk about finishing up Milestone 2, so here
is a list of things that will be completed to achieve that.  We have
done most of the work done already, so we're getting there!

Milestone 2

- semi-final versions of Void map and Temple
- code upgrades that will be necessary from Alan
- pirate dice multiplayer
- finalize conversation with fortune teller and old man (this possibly
will become part of M3)

And lastly, we have a list of things that got done this week.

- Eric put in some great art for pirate dice!
- Kent scripted most of the single player version of pirate dice
- Ken composed music for the minigame and some drafts for other areas

As always, any questions can be replied to in this thread.  I
personally think we've gotten some good progress in lately, so good
job guys! :)