[project1dev] Re: We are probably getting another member to the art team wooo

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 18:38:14 -0700

oh and hey sorry i didnt explain.

Games in the past i've worked on have suffered (both working alone and also
in megaman!) from me coding features just to code them, not coding for a
purpose.

With hindsight having been tuned by watching a few pro games go through
their paces, the code will be driven by need instead of "well i think it
should do this" or "we'll probably need this later".

My goal is that we have milestone type plans and work towards those goals.

Our first milestone, being getting this first area worked out (:

aside from knowing that we will need npc's and monsters (but not yet knowing
how they work), there isn't anything i can think of immediately needed code
related (we will need sound and music of course, thats actually on Josh's
plate currently to work on whenever he has time, since it's not an immediate
concern).

So yeah, our goal as a team right now is to get this first area worked out.

Right now that means down time for programming since nothing is immediately
needed (we should talk more about how enemies will act in the world though)
and downtime for artists (until we know better what kind of art we'll need)
so we are just kind of in a waiting period at the moment until then.

There's no rush though, this first area includes everyone getting ramped up
and us getting our team workin together so it may take a bit til we get it
done and that's no problem (: