[project1dev] Re: Update for Biobeastie Texure

  • From: Kent Petersen <kentkmp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 23:36:09 -0800

Do we want all of those modes of game play to be seamless? Do we want the
user to need a multiplayer account that is separate from the single player
account?

Let's assume we want them all to be interconnected seamlessly.

Online play through game connects to the server and saves on the server and
locally
Online play through web connects to the server and saves data on the server
Singer player through saves data locally.

Online plays disconnects and plays single player only. Data is immediately
saved on the server. All data from that point on is saved locally only

Single player connects to the internet. Local data will be compared to
server data. Any loses and gains that are different would be modified. For
example if the player lost 300 gold after playing via the web. The server
would keep track of how much gold the player has lost since logging on via
the game console (which is 300). Then next time the player joins the server
the money gains or losses would be waiting there for them. Thus the player
would lose 300 gold for logging on.

Perhaps for simplicity, at least in the case of pirate dice, minigames would
open up a bank. Any money you gain or lose the bank would keep track of. So
when an offline player connects online they automatically go to their bank
and the game will make the modifications.

If a different mini game gives an item or something other than money I think
the same bank system would work.