[project1dev] Re: Update for Biobeastie Texure

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 23:16:57 -0800

"Okay, what I mean is that, once you are disconnected, your progress stops
being saved on the server, and locally."

so if you lose internet you can't save your progress? that seems kinda
crappy doesnt it?

"the server auto-saves your progress up to that point where you disconnect."

Are you thinking it auto saves locally on your machine to your save game
data too?  If so, we're talking about playing minigames from a web browser,
which you don't need the actual game open to do so there'd be no way to
change the save game data on your hard drive (you might even be on a
different computer, like at work or something).

I think we are talking about different stuff.  There's 2 things going on
here

#1 - you can play the game itself on your computer.  You save your game data
and it lets the server know about your game data if it's able to (ie you are
connected)
#2 - you can play minigames in a web browser where you are using and
affecting game data.  This can be from any computer, it knows who you are by
a username and password you log in with.