[project1dev] Re: UI stuff

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 11:25:36 -0700

Good question.

Right now all i'm thinking is lightning bolt spell.

The lightning bolt spell takes more mana that you start out with so you have
to level up by growing your population to the "first level", whatever that
may be.

The lightning bolt's purpose story wise is that it can break the bolder in
the mountains to open up the path to the bat cave etc.

I'm thinking it can also be used as an offensive attack to kill enemies if
you want to (maybe later there will be enemies who are nearly invulnerable
to everything except a lightning attack for instance).

Also there may be other things you can do with the lightning later on, such
as break other rocks, use the electricity to charge an ancient machine, etc
:P  (ie who knows... and we have lots of options)

I was thinking maybe thered be a spell to seal monster lairs instead of
having your citizens do it, but i dunno.. having your citizens seal them
like in the original is kinda a neat mechanic cause it forces you to expand
certain directions and stuff ::shrug::

What are your thoughts on the skills we should start out with?