[project1dev] UI stuff

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 08:50:30 -0700

I talked to Matt F aka Lord Wurmz and he's going to be working up some rough
drafts for our UI.

Basically what i had in mind is having a world of warcraft style skill bar
at the bottom of the screen.

Essentially just the bottom left 12 buttons from this screenshot:
http://img215.imageshack.us/i/retrineedpv7.jpg/

Each of the 12 buttons is bound to a key on the number line of your keyboard
(key "1" at the left, key "=" at the far right).  You can either press the
hotkey to activate the spell, or click the button.

Each spell has a cooldown, and it will be reflected somehow in the UI (like
it will go dark right when you use it, then a radar style sweep will show
the cooldown expiring or something).

Not sure if 12 spell slots will be enough.  If it is enough, we'll just put
all the spells there.  If it isn't enough, we can make it so the player puts
the spells there that they care most about or something... we can figure it
out more later.

Besides the spell bar, we'll also need an HP bar and an MP bar.

So yeah, Wurmz is workin on a rough draft for that, just wanted to let you
guys know (: