[project1dev] UI Art needed

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 09:02:29 -0700

Hey Wurmz, would you wanna do some UI art for the editor?  I was thinkin
you'd be great for this but let me know!

Here's what i was thinkin....

#1 - a checkbox - both checked and unchecked to put to the left of "Casts a
shadow" in the info window.  When the check box is clicked, it toggles which
image it shows
#2 -a "pos" icon button - to put next to the position line in the info
window.  There should be a pressed down and not pressed down version. (like
a lil square button with an icon on it that shows something that kinda makes
sense that it is a position control)
#3 - a "rot" icon button - for rotation. same as above
#4 - a "scale" icon button - for scaling. same as above
#5 - some button to go next to "Type" in the info window which when you
click it, it will switch from decoration, to collidable, etc (there probably
will be more types later!)

#6 - a button for the upper left, can be a lil larger, both a pressed and
unpressed version, for going into "model edit mode" (ie the mode we know and
love right now)
#7 - a button just like above, but for going into "light edit mode" (a new
editing mode for editing lights)

#8 - i dont really know how this is gonna work, but we'll need some button
too in the info window for bringing up a dialog which changes the color of a
model.  Basically it'll bring up a dialog and for each material in the model
(there may be multiple - but most models only have 1, but there could be
lots!) we should be able to adjust the R,G,B,A of the material.  I was
thinking maybe something like this in the dialog...

<=|   [Name of Material]  |=>
R ---------O----------------

where the <=| and |=> are buttons to switch to the previos and next
materials (we'd need both a pressed and unpressed version of each)

and the -----O------  are slider bars (one peice of art for that) and the O
on that is some kind of sliding marker that can be dragged around

#9 - bonus? if we had some art to use for dialog boxes here in the editor
instead of using the boxes that i've made.  We can leave it for now though,
it doesn't make it any less functional hehe.