[project1dev] Re: Themes, characters, etc.

  • From: Matthew Morgan <MMorgan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Eric Drewes <edrewes@xxxxxxxxxx>, "project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter Guthrie <Mehakoi42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:16:56 -0700

Biggs and wedge...

From: figarus@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:figarus@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eric Drewes
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2009 10:16 AM
To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Matthew Morgan; Peter Guthrie
Subject: Themes, characters, etc.

I really like it in games when there are recurring themes, villains, etc.
throughout.

I am going to use ff3(6) as an example because its my fav and i think a lot of
you guys have played it...

recurring stuff:

chocobos (all ff's)
cid (all ff's)
moogles
Zigfreid (that treasure hunter who steals loot on the ghost train and appears
later at the coloseum)
ultros

etc.etc.etc.

I really think having things like that reinforced throughout the game gives an
iconic feel to the game, as well as giving the game "mascots" or things that
are immediately recognizable.  The more you give the players to think about,
enjoy and imagine - the more the game becomes real in their minds and i think
the better the experience is overall.

I have some ideas for some things but wanted to throw it out for public
discussion because maybe someone has some really neat ideas that we can
assimilate or adapt for the game :)

This e-mail is the property of Oakley Inc. It is intended only for the person
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. Distribution
or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein, to anyone other
than the intended recipient is prohibited.