[project1dev] Re: Textures for Biobeastie

  • From: katie cook <ktmcook@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 15:35:27 -0800 (PST)

I know how to do alpha maps, but I don't know about translucent maps. Do they
work just as a alpha map? I was wanting to make a somewhat glassy scratched
green texture that is translucent on the tubes and tanks, so they would
simulate the green color and looked scuffed/worn, but stil see through to
bypass animated liquid. If it was all green and translucent, then it would look
full 24/7, but wouldn't require animation. Just as far as focus of battle if
you will, since the character playing will be more focused on the fight, then
animated liquid might be overcompensating. But if it is going to be a longer
battle sequence or something that we want to draw attention to and show off,
then that is cool too.
Just trying to keep things efficient to purpose.

Let me know your thoughts guys, and I will do whatever you think is best.

Thanks Guys,

Katie

From: katie cook <ktmcook@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 13:06:58 -0800 (PST)
To: <project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [project1dev] Textures for Biobeastie

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if the game supports transparency/or translucent maps. I was
thinking that I could do translucent green textures for the tanks and tubes.

Let me know.

Thanks
Katie