[project1dev] Temple Question (Technical)

  • From: Nick Klotz <roracsenshi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 21:02:35 -0500

With the current layout I have three separate floors for the temple. At this
time, the floor with the diamond path is connected to the basement, if you
stray from the path you'll fall directly into the basement.  If you get
through, there is an elevator that takes you down to the basement.  Should
the first floor/elevator be built on its own map, and script the player to
the next room via falling (in which case no matter where you fall you end up
in the same spot)/elevator, or should I include the basement along with the
same map, and partition the maze/ceiling trap/beast rooms into separate maps
in order to keep the cost down?
Images provided if necessary.