[project1dev] Skills/Classes

  • From: Nick Klotz <roracsenshi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 19:23:16 -0500

To help settle what will be used in the game I've come up with a few core
things that need to be decided on before any system can be detailed.

Character Classes -  Will characters have generic classes that can be picked
in the beginning for your main hero, ex. mage, warrior, rogue; or will the
hero just start out as a 'regular joe' and learn skills/abilities that will
determine how that character is played?

Gender Modification - If using a system of statistics, will there be
modifications made to that based on gender, ex. males are naturally
stronger, females are naturally faster/more agile.

Level System - Will this game rely on gaining experience to go up in levels;
will level ups increase player attributes in a random, predetermined, or
player chosen way? Or other?  Will level ups increase skill levels, and
statistics, or potential?

Class unique skills - Are each class limited to predetermined skills and
abilities they may learn, or can anyone learn anything?

Character stats - What are the effects of stats? Is there a hard cap
(potential) or is it soft that may increase/decrease through choices a
player makes? Are stats increased through use, scenario, or hard leveling?
And how visible are stats, ie: invisible, general ( very weak, weak,
average, etc), or numerical?

Scenario - Are there scenario's that may alter character classes, stats, and
skills?  If a scenario involves learning a skill that another class may not
have can the player still go through that scenario? If a character changes a
class, does their potential limit change, does it have any effect on current
stats?

Not sure how much you guys have put into the actual conception of this
topic, but if there's nothing solid or concrete I have a lot more I can add
in all of these categories.  Thoughts?