[project1dev] Paging Dr. Nick

  • From: Matthew Freeland <mattthefiend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 20:45:21 -0700

Ahoy folks,

I've got an update of sorts for the mechanics of the cave primarily this is
directed at Mr. Nick for scripting purposes but if anyone has any input or
ideas feel free to share em!

I was talking to Eric and Alan a bit in IMs about the Boss Chamber in the
mines and we decided a good way to handle the jumping area above the chamber
is to have a cage-style scaffolding tunnel that connects the doors above the
groundfloor of the room, so I'm going to work on the model for the cage, its
going to be segmented into tiled sections of the same design, probably about
6 or so, I can make you a storyboard for the entire thing or an
architectural drawing if you are having trouble picturing it. Once the boss
dies and the cavein happens behind, a few segments of the walkway will break
with it, leading to the jumping area. Sooooo... with that in mind, we'll
need a script to make the pieces of walkway fall, as well I was thinking
about leaving one connected to its chain suspension that can dangle about
from the ceiling.

Tell me what you all thing!

-Wurmz