[project1dev] Re: Operating System Poll

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 10:38:16 -0700

Well with this particular thing, your vid card just either supports it or
not.

whats cool though is in the shader you can list multiple shaders and what it
does is start at the top and work it's way down until it finds one that the
video card supports.

So, that way I could put an MS3 shader at the top, and an MS2 shader below
it (that perhaps only did directional lighting and ignored all positional
lights) so that way on cards that supported MS3 they'd get the better
shader, and for cards that didn't they would get the MS2 shader.