[project1dev] Re: [OT] Torchlight makers runic

  • From: eric drewes <figarus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 13:23:40 -0400

i think the key to making great games is balance, like starcraft is a game i
consider "perfect" because its so well balanced, the depth comes from
individual styles and not just complexity of game mechanics.  Chess is the
deepest game ever made, but also very very very elegant in its simplicity.

i think the key for us as a team is to make sure we set realistic goals and
expectations... like dirty harry says, "a man's got to know his limitations"

do i believe we can make kick ass games and a kick ass game company?  you're
god damn right i do.  However, like with the RPG i think even if all of us
quit our jobs and put in 50 hours a week, the scope and depth of what we
still needed was too much for us.  eyes bigger than our stomachs. (or my
stomach at least)

one of the reasons i am a fan of doing act raiser is that it is a chewable
bite, and will let us get our feet wet and some real experience under our
belt as we build into a real dev studio.