[project1dev] Re: Multiple Game Ideas (long post)

  • From: Chris Riccobono <crysalim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 23:51:35 -0700

That shield is a great idea Nick, it would be a really fun addition.
I'd like to hear more ideas for single items from you.

Btw did you realize you posted half the email twice?  :P

Other than that, I like some of your general ideas, esp on stun
(concussion you called).  However, on things like inventory and death,
I just want to add my input:

If a game has to choose between realism and fun, I say always go with
fun.  Again, I have never seen a game do death in a fun way, and we
should avoid it if at all possible (if we have to plan on people dying
often we're designing the game wrong)

It may seem very odd to carry everything in a tiny pocket of infinity,
but that's because micromanaging items is not a fun part of an rpg.
If we figure out a nifty way to ration items that hasn't been done
before, maybe we can change that.

Keep posting your thoughts - the more ideas we have, the more we can