[project1dev] Re: Multiple Game Ideas (long post)

  • From: eric drewes <figarus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 21:47:23 -0400

there are some interesting ideas in here.  it definitely seems like we're
all on the same page as far as combat goes, i believe this will be one of
the most dynamic/engaging part of the game and look forward to your input
moving forward.
i agree that inventory management seems to be an issue w/ most games but i
think we will be able to make a simple, easy to use and intuitive system, it
is definitely something we'll have to address.

special weapons and armor... i think equipment will be more gemstone style
where a great warrior will be great even with lesser weapons, this game is
mostly going to be about skill and (as previously mentioned and you brought
it up) picking the right tools and using cunning rather than just brute
force.  there will be rare and unique weapons which are above and beyond
what normal people have but in my mind, in the right hands, any weapon is
deadly.

as far as death goes... this is something we'll continue to think about and
develop as the game design progresses.

good input though :)

i plan on writing more official documents for the wiki re: all the systems
we've discussed on the email threads and on the msgboard and i'll be sure to
keep your thoughts in mind :)

again, glad to have you on board, i view your input to the combat system
(and the game in general) to be important :)