[project1dev] Re: More on the temple

  • From: katie cook <ktmcook@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 20:04:19 -0800 (PST)

I got some stuff going on here for a bit. But in a while, I am going to come
back and start cracking on the beastie.

Thanks guys, just checking to report my progress update.

Katie

From: Chris
 Riccobono <crysalim@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [project1dev] More on the temple
To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, November 16, 2009, 5:24 PM

Here is a fleshed out version of the entrance to the temple, so it is
ready for art:

* The entrance room of the temple will have the exit back out to the
void map at the bottom
* At the top there will be one big doorway that is open and two side
doors that are sealed (they will open as the game progresses)
with a pillar in the middle that is about 8 units tall

Details: The floor would be a desaturated blue (#336699 is a close
approximation, maybe a little more) with some darker blue accents,
made of sandstone bricks with some missing and ones sticking up.  The
walls would be brown like in mayantemple.jpg, and all these
desaturated colors would be enhanced with subtle lighting later on for
a dramatic effect.  The
 walls can have subtle worn down face carvings
in some bricks, but they shouldn't stand out a lot.

The goal is to get the entrance pretty detailed as inspiration for the
interior.

That is the art we need for the entrance room, so an artist can feel
free to pick it up!  I want to see what someone can do with it
personally :)