[project1dev] Month 1!

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, AR <arower3d@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 21:01:36 -0700

Yesterday was our official one month anniversary.

Everyone's been doin a great job and we have made some real good progress,
you guys should all give yourselves a pat on the back hehe

The first overworld level and the first FPS (first person) level are going
to take the longest because of all the stuff we need to figure out (like
figuring out the terrain system!) so even though this level hasn't taken
that long, future levels will also go even faster and be even easier.  Also
they will be more fun because we'll be able to focus more on the gameplay
instead of the stumbling on the very basics just trying to get something on
the screen.

I've been mulling over the profit sharing strategy for our team and bouncing
ideas off of various people for advice and I think I have it pretty much
worked out now.

At the end of this first milestone (when we finish this first overworld
level) I'll unveil the details and make sure everyone is happy with the
arrangement before we move on to milestone 2.

It's really important to me that you guys know up front what you are getting
from this besides experience and a resume item and also i want to make sure
that everyone gets a slice of the pie if we hit it big.

Anyhow, great job you guys, we are on track for the goal of 5-10 levels
overworld and FPS levels by 12-18 months total.

Here's to the finest crew in starfleet! :P

and good champagne all around when we ship this thing (: