[project1dev] Models + Texture Cost/Practices

  • From: Nick Klotz <roracsenshi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 19:32:54 -0500

I hate to sound redundant; but when building a very large area (such as the
temple is turning out to be) is it cheaper to go with more models+smaller
textures or fewer models that are much larger+larger texture sizes?
We discussed previously that larger models cost about the same as smaller
models because it's based off of faces and vertices (correct me if I am
wrong), but that textures can become very costly when larger.

So what would the tradeoff point be? I just want to build a level optimally
if possible; though I know very little may be permanent.