[project1dev] Re: Items left for milestone (5/11)

  • From: ktmcook@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 11:55:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Guys,

So has anyone claimed anything yet, beside Eric doing character models?

I would love to try my hand at the circus tent to start...And if anyone didn't
feel particularly enthusiastic about it, I would be excited about the chinese
lanterns, table, and chairs.

I would also be interested in working on the coins, garlic cloves, and skulls
if I am finished with the other stuff before someone else claims it. My eyes
might be bigger than my stomach right now, but this seems like really exciting
stuff I could contribute to.

I will pass on the crystal ball, since that might require some
dynamics/particle elements depending on what you guys have in mind.

And if extra help is needed I can help fill in the holes where you guys want.

Let me know what you guys think.

And Eric, I read your going to scan some concept art for this milestone, so if
there is anything that I listed above that you want me to follow a specific
style on just let me know and I will make sure to check in with you first.

Thanks Guys,

Katie

From: katie cook
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 13:06:57 -0700 (PDT)
To: <project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have heard there are some issues, etc. but I have yet to try it. It is
dependent on how the texture is setup etc. like uv projection and what kind of
geometry. I am going to run some test scenarios and see. I will holler at the
results. =)

From: eric drewes <figarus@xxxxxxxxx>
To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, May 12, 2009, 11:09 AM

hey katie,

Awesome!  Excited to have more modelers working, and glad you're in :)  I am
guilty of this too so maybe we need a way to let everyone know what weplan on
working on or have in process so we don't duplicate our efforts w/ models,
etc.   can't wait to see your stuff...

-eric

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 2:05 PM, katie cook <ktmcook@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey Guys,

I modeled a rail car on Saturday, and am working on texturing it up. If you
want I can post it early so you can look at it. I am almost done with
texturing, just have to finish up the wheels. Should be able to finish tonight
or tomorrow.

I was also going to model some shovels etc. Just filler stuff to help.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think. I can do more models just let me know.

Katie

#1 - props for the cave (mining picks, rail cars, piles of rubble, that kind of
stuff)
#2 - lighting pass for the cave: (Waiting for cave to be decorated and finished)
#3 - animation for miners walking around
#4 - animation for miners mining the walls
#5 - animation for boss monster ambushing you
#6 - combat animation for miners in combat (just an idle animation)
#7 - combat animation for boss monster (just an idle animation)
#8 - cave battle arena art (just a 3d backdrop for combat, unless we are ok
with what we have right now)  Probably blocked until we have the cave decorated
with a lighting pass.

Scripting / Building:
#1 - finish decorating cave:  waiting on art to decorate the cave with (maybe
this should be an art task)
#2 - balance the boss fight.
#3 - re balance the combat after all the enemies and boss are placed

Coding:
#1 - make animated models cast shadows correctly
#2 - make it so models not on screen can still cast shadows on screen so we
don't have shadow "popping"
#3 - oct tree optomization for collision detection

=========Done========

Art:
Got a pickaxe from Katie
Got some nice rocks from Chris, and textured them with a texture from Matt
Eric made a lower polycount mine cart

Scripting / Building:
Enemy pathing (Kent)
Cave in after boss fight (Kent)
a stationary mining enemy that doesnt path (Kent)
the boss ambushes you (Kent)
we have a boss combat enemy (Kent)
monster placement has been finished (Kent the superstar)
the cave is finished being walled, you cant fall out of the map now
Nick balanced combat before we placed a whole bunch of new enemies

Coding:
A few optomizations
A basic level editor