[project1dev] Re: Items left for milestone (5/11)

  • From: katie cook <ktmcook@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 11:05:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Guys,

I modeled a rail car on Saturday, and am working on texturing it up. If you
want I can post it early so you can look at it. I am almost done with
texturing, just have to finish up the wheels. Should be able to finish tonight
or tomorrow.

I was also going to model some shovels etc. Just filler stuff to help.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think. I can do more models just let me know.

Katie

#1 - props for the cave (mining picks, rail cars, piles of rubble, that kind of
stuff)
#2 - lighting pass for the cave: (Waiting for cave to be decorated and finished)
#3 - animation for miners walking around
#4 - animation for miners mining the walls
#5 - animation for boss monster ambushing you
#6 - combat animation for miners in combat (just an idle animation)
#7 - combat animation for boss monster (just an idle animation)
#8 - cave battle arena art (just a 3d backdrop for combat, unless we are ok
with what we have right now)  Probably blocked until we have the cave decorated
with a lighting pass.

Scripting / Building:
#1 - finish decorating cave:  waiting on art to decorate the cave with (maybe
this should be an art task)
#2 - balance the boss fight.
#3 - re balance the combat after all the enemies and boss are placed

Coding:
#1 - make animated models cast shadows correctly
#2 - make it so models not on screen can still cast shadows on screen so we
don't have shadow "popping"
#3 - oct tree optomization for collision detection

=========Done========

Art:
Got a pickaxe from Katie
Got some nice rocks from Chris, and textured them with a texture from Matt
Eric made a lower polycount mine cart

Scripting / Building:
Enemy pathing (Kent)
Cave in after boss fight (Kent)
a stationary mining enemy that doesnt path (Kent)
the boss ambushes you (Kent)
we have a boss combat enemy (Kent)
monster placement has been finished (Kent the superstar)
the cave is finished being walled, you cant fall out of the map now
Nick balanced combat before we placed a whole bunch of new enemies

Coding:
A few optomizations
A basic level editor