[project1dev] Items left for milestone (5/11)

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 20:01:49 -0700

Here's the weekly update of our milestone progress.  Red items are blocked
by other tasks, blue items are unblocked.

*Art:*
#1 - props for the cave (mining picks, rail cars, piles of rubble, that kind
of stuff)
#2 - lighting pass for the cave: (Waiting for cave to be decorated and
finished)
#3 - animation for miners walking around
#4 - animation for miners mining the walls
#5 - animation for boss monster ambushing you
#6 - combat animation for miners in combat (just an idle animation)
#7 - combat animation for boss monster (just an idle animation)
#8 - cave battle arena art (just a 3d backdrop for combat, unless we are ok
with what we have right now)  Probably blocked until we have the cave
decorated with a lighting pass.

*Scripting / Building:*
#1 - finish decorating cave:  waiting on art to decorate the cave
with(maybe this should be an art task)
#2 - balance the boss fight.
#3 - re balance the combat after all the enemies and boss are placed

*Coding:*
#1 - make animated models cast shadows correctly
#2 - make it so models not on screen can still cast shadows on screen so we
don't have shadow "popping"
#3 - oct tree optomization for collision detection

*=========Done========*

*Art:*
Got a pickaxe from Katie
Got some nice rocks from Chris, and textured them with a texture from Matt
Eric made a lower polycount mine cart

*Scripting / Building:*
Enemy pathing (Kent)
Cave in after boss fight (Kent)
a stationary mining enemy that doesnt path (Kent)
the boss ambushes you (Kent)
we have a boss combat enemy (Kent)
monster placement has been finished (Kent the superstar)
the cave is finished being walled, you cant fall out of the map now
Nick balanced combat before we placed a whole bunch of new enemies

*Coding:*
A few optomizations
A basic level editor