[project1dev] Re: Items left for milestone

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 01:39:44 -0700

Chris we have all of the art peices that we need to finish walling up the
cave pretty much.  The only missing peice i can think of is walls for where
the ground slopes down.

Also, what you are refering to as Wurmz' art is actually my art.  He made
new textures for it recently but the 3d models are still the models I made.

There's no reason they have to be so low poly.  We may keep them that way
for the cave just to get through this milestone and onto the next thing, but
we aren't shooting for low poly, we aren't making a DS game :P

Also, I already have a solution for the shadows thing, I just need to
implement it.

And, I think the editor is more important than making shadows work.

If i make the editor, map building will get about 10 times easier, and
people who can't script or don't want to script will be able to use a
WYSIWYG system for creating the geometry of a level.

Basically if i make an editor, i increase our whole teams productivity and
enable people to do things they can't currently do.

If i fix the shadows, all that happens is the game gets a little prettier,
and it's still a pain in the ass and takes a long time for people to edit
maps.

Its a no brainer to me that the editor is more important.