[project1dev] Re: Items left for milestone

  • From: Chris Riccobono <crysalim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 00:12:07 -0700

I totally agree with this list.  #2 of coding (allowing things not on
screen show shadows) sounds like it would completely fix the shadow
problems, too.  Maybe doing something like allowing up to 1/4 of
what's not on screen be the "real" screen as far as what is rendered
for shadows... I don't know how much of a waste of resources this
would be tho..

As for walling up the cave, it is a bit tedious but we are moreso
waiting for specific art to fill in holes.  So that should be a bigger
priority than making the level editor.  I mean, that would totally
rock to have, but I just want you to know that even if we can make
layouts very simply, it's meaningless without art to make it with!

Wurmz' art was perfect in many ways - very low poly count, and each
vert was done in very easy to manage lengths (20, 30, 40 length, very
easy to modify in scripting).  So if we could get more of these pieces
in, I would explode with glee.