[project1dev] Graphics and performance!

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 20:00:24 -0700

Hey Guys,

Right now the rendering of graphics in our game is taking the longest amount
of time by far compared to the rest of the game (but no this isn't because
of the art! all is well there)

For instance on Kent's preformance report he sent me the other day, a frame
took on average 42 miliseconds, and 35 of those miliseconds were for
rendering!

On my computer it isn't so dramatic but it's still a problem.

Anyhow, a friend of mine at my work is going to try and help me out and find
why our rendering takes so much time.

He is THE graphics programmer on the game im working on at work, so he is
basically THE MAN at graphics hehe.

so yeah... graphical performance improvements should be coming up in the
near future!

But yeah, im also still working on the behavior of the forest trolls (making
sure our pathing is up to par for the needs of that mob etc)

Just wanted to let you guys know the good news (:

im going to be runnin a couple tests and sending him our shaders tonight for
him to check out