[project1dev] Game controls

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 15:20:41 -0700

Ok so we are aiming to support both mouse/keyboard as well as 360 controller
as input to our game last i heard.  Pretty soon we'll have to figure out
game controls.

360 controller is pretty straight forward like...
* Left analog stick to walk, and to change selection in menus
* A to progress through text boxes when they come up or select menu items
* B to cancel

But for keyboard...
* right now, W,A,S,D or arrows walks around.  WASD is kind of odd but i
think a good portion of gamers gravitate towards there anyways.
* what would we want the player to press when a text box comes up (ie
dialog).  Enter?