[project1dev] Fwd: Re: procedural generation

  • From: eric drewes <figarus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 08:28:07 -0400

Furthermore... I don't know for sure alan's perspective on this but
ultimately I think it would be cool to sometime in the distant future to
allow ppl to make their own maps and addons for the game (I love the modding
community), so the procedural thing would help let even amateur map
designers put out professional style areas...

i have some notes re: equipment/items i'll post in a few

From: Chris Riccobono <crysalim@xxxxxxxxx>

Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 05:08:30
To: <project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [project1dev] Re: procedural generation

Alan, I'm amazed at your procedure layout.  Not only will your plan
solve the problems of syncing models to each other in the 3d world,
but it will help us all build intuitively, so we can be less hindered
by what we don't know how to do.

I would have never thought to create a system like this!  It could
very well be something to distinguish the game on its own if done
right.