[project1dev] Re: Fwd: Re: PLEASE POST IF YOUR WORKING ON THE STEAMPUNK BEAST

  • From: eric drewes <figarus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 14:10:35 -0500

to answer whether i am confused or not... I am not :)  My issue wasn't with
you being "blunt and honest", I LIKE blunt honesty, my issue is that you
told me that you understood - here is an example of what i am talking about:

*Yesterday you said:*

The sign you said you didn't have a name for yet...Which I get if you
> weren't looking for the sign so much as the frame. You sent 3 pics, saying
> you didn't have a name. And mentioned wanting building materials, etc. Which
> is fine. But unless we are going to include different stages of the sign
> being built throughout the game, then it doesn't make any sense. And really
> if we were going to do that, then why not build it all at once, and just
> display what we wanted to show at what time???

*
but here was the dialogue we had 3 weeks ago:*

        From: eric drewes <figarus@xxxxxxxxx>
>         Subject: examples
>         To: ktmcook@xxxxxxxxx
>         Date: Thursday, October 15, 2009, 3:42 PM
>

> http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com/fine_art/portfolio/fiesta/images/pics/rodeo2007-8.jpg
>
>         but off to the right, and still being put together
>

> http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_H-BQXHbLT7k/SNmhgWJMoGI/AAAAAAAAAW8/_hpTSja44SI/s400/CarnivalSign.jpg
>

>         http://heroeswiki.com/Image:Carnival_sign.JPG
>
>         the concept is in the beginning we'll have the sign being put up,
> then gradually as the game  progresses it'll be added on to   untl its done
> what do you think?
>
>     From: katie cook <ktmcook@xxxxxxxxx>
>     Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 21:13:23 -0700 (PDT)
>     To: eric drewes<figarus@xxxxxxxxx>
>     Subject: Re: examples
>
>     So would you want different models for the sign at different stages of
> construction?

*My conclusion:

*Frankly, I feel a little betrayed because you had never given me any
indication that you had a problem - I realize that in the past you felt like
you didn't get enough direction so I attempted to give you reference
examples, descriptions and peripheral prop ideas to include w/ the model - I
felt like you knew exactly what I wanted on October 18th, I didn't hear a
single additional question since then about it - every question/concern you
had in what you wrote yesterday is answered in the dialogue we had in the
above email thread almost a month ago, so why are you sending rude emails to
the list about it weeks later and saying things like you have to "pick at me
like a scab" to get information from me, etc.  There was literally no way
for me to know that you had any problems at all, the last thing I heard from
you about it was "sweet, sound good...i will get started."  Now you are
saying "you were just being honest and holding me accountable"  well
accountable for what?  for giving you what I thought you needed, answering
your questions and then thinking you had it figured out?  I tried to let it
go and just move on but then last night you reiterated that you were just
being blunt and honest and holding me to my word, etc. I have a
contradicting point of view, I feel like you were skewing what happened and
neglectful in recognizing that I have tried to answer every question and
give you everything you've wanted.

It's just like your assertion yesterday where you claimed that I said that I
wished you had done the wagon differently AFTER it was finished and that the
comment aggravated you.  I don't believe I ever said anything like that at
all about the wagon, I do remember after the tent was finished (7 months
ago) that I said it wasn't exactly the way I had envisioned, but I followed
up with that by saying something like "I really like it and I purposefully
left it up to your interpretation, its perfect".  So what is the real
problem there? and why bring it up and blast me for it publicly months
later?  it seriously bums me out.

I really really don't want to argue anymore, so can we just let this go?  I
still think you're a cool person and I love your art, I see no reason that
these arguments should affect anything in a negative way, but in the future
please contact me directly if you have a problem or go to alan or chris
riccobono if you think I am being unreasonable so we can reconcile our
issues peacefully rather than scream at one another over the public list.

Thanks,

Eric