[project1dev] Re: Faction reputation system

  • From: Chris Riccobono <crysalim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:06:55 -0700

This is a really cool idea -  it is akin to one of my favorite rpg
series ever, Star Ocean.  The things you do give you friendship and
romance points, and depending on those values, different character
scenes take place.  It also leads to characters getting endings
together romantically, or the protagonist even joining up with one of
the side characters to end up building a house together in the end.

These scenes also influence the creation of skills, where a character
that has enough friendship points with another one can show that
character how to do their move better, and it becomes an upgraded
move.

I love the idea of using these faction points to track in game events
though, it will help with a lot of things!