[project1dev] Re: [Design Brainstorm] Basic storyline of the game (aka how do we not get sued)

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 22:43:34 -0700

Heya Gabriel

Thanks for the feedback!

I know about the UDK but when you use that, you dont have access to the
source code at all so basically there's nothing for a coder to do :P

There are other engines but I have lots of stuff i wanna program and some
ideas i've taken from unreal and the fear engine that i either want to
re-implement or improve on.

I think you are right about it being safe to make an act raiser clone, I
just kind of worry if our main character was a cherub and our storyline was
the same that it might get kind of dicey legally hehe.

I wasnt even thinking of bio shock, thanks for that!  Maybe there is some
hope for that idea yet hehe