[project1dev] Combat system and camera angles

  • From: figarus@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 11:35:45 +0000

Hey alan I was thinking for the temp combat system, if there were three menu
items - defend, attack, super attack, all of which coincide with an appropriate
"stance" during rt - like if you super attacl you're vulnerable, attack you
take 1/2 total damage, defend you take zero damage, and the enemy cycles
through this as well... Itd only be one extra command but would actually allow
some test strategy, etc - not sure if it is worth it or how much harder that
would be...

Camera system - here is my apprehension... I read game reviews  and a lot of
ppl bitch about the camera if it is inconsistant or fucks with the controls,
etc.  I think it should be our main priority to make controls fluid and
intuitive.  If we can have a non fixed camera that allows that... Great. I'd
love to pllay with angles, etc for dramatic effect... Will probably require
testing to see.... I just don't want camera issues to drag down the game but
you're more experienced than me on dealing with that so I trust your instincts
:)
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile