[project1dev] Re: Combat and Character Mechanics

  • From: Chris Riccobono <crysalim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 14:56:50 -0700

I read through your doc fully as well Eric, and I really like how you
laid it all out.  You should throw it up on the wiki :)

I have questions as well, now that the door is open for asking.

1)  Will block/parry and dodge give the player a chance to hit enemies
that block?

2)  The hardcore option seems like a great way to solve the fear of
death problem.  If you don't go hardcore, will you just respawn at the
previously mentioned spirit points, etc?

Also I want to mention that the cp system is very innovative.  I like
how the player is rewarded with extra experience for tougher gameplay.
 I don't think any other game has a system quite like this, so fleshed
out this could be one of our "big things".