[project1dev] Combat Balance Update

  • From: Nick Klotz <roracsenshi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 23:46:53 -0500

Alright, the combat system has been tweaked and balanced. As more mobs,
levels, bosses, etc. come out i'll update and balance further.

Specific changes to the combat system are
[Mob changes]
RT changed from 5 - 7 to 6 -12
Damage changed from 10 to 6 - 12
HP changed from 25 to 12 - 43

[Hero changes]
HP increased from 100 to 120
Damage changed from 10 to 14

!!ARRelease.exe change!!
SuperAttack now increases your RT to 1.8x vs a normal attack and increases
your attack power for 1.5x. Great for finishing off an enemy that you may
not be able to kill in 1 standard attack, not so great for trying to power
through a group of enemies.  Proceed with caution.

Reason for Mob HP being changed from static to a dramatic random variable is
to substitute for random damage attacks done by the hero.
Current system allows for the following probabilities when fighting.

a = standard attack
sa = super attack

Attack Type I    Attack Type II                       HP level    % of
showing up

  a a 12 9.4  sa a+a 21 21.9  sa+a a+a 28 21.9  sa+a a+a+a 35 21.9  sa+sa
a+a+a 42 21.9  sa+sa+a a+a+a+a 43 3.1

The following example shows that a mob may be killed in 1 standard attack
9.4% of the time, or 31.3% of the time using a super attack or 2 standard
attacks

On the high range a mob will take a maximum of 4 standard attacks, this will
occur only 3.1% of mob spawns, and simulates barely nicking the target.

Feedback is more then welcome, and I encourage everyone to test the new
(kinda) combat system! (: