[project1dev] Color changin puzzle

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 22:53:11 -0700

Hey Eric,

I think we have all the tech we need to make that color changing puzzle
whenever you want to.

I was talkin to Kent a little about it.

So basically was this how it worked?

#1 - a picture is displayed on the screen with different sections being
different colors
#2 - there are 4 buttons (2 on each side) of the picture.  When you click
the buttons it changes colors of certain sections
#3 - when you have the right color combos the puzzle is completed

Ok so what I was thinking would work well for this is...

#1 - make each region in the painting be it's own image.  Make it white
where you want the color to change and make it fully transparent where you
don't want it to change anything.  Optionally you can use black outlines too
on sections cause black won't get colorized! (:
#2 - Kent can use the new script function UI_AddImage to place all the
images on the screen and use UI_SetImageColor to set them to be the starting
colors (and can use that same function to update their colors as buttons are
pressed)
#3 - Kent can use UI_AddButton to add the buttons, and make it so when you
click them, it changes the red, green, and blue components of areas to
change their colors.  On this button press he can also check if the areas
all match up to the winning colors and if so do whatever is appropriate like
open a temple door or whatever else.

To add some spit and polish, we could also have a "frame" image that is
shown first before the color areas so that there is some kind of nicer
looking background to the painting but dunno if you want that or not.

Anyhow, i dunno when you or Kent wanna work on this but that's how i see it
working, and set up some script functions so that it should be possible.